Friday, September 2, 2016
(still accepting applications)
Latinos in Agriculture has a limited number of scholarships available for college students to attend the conference. Below is the simple 7-step process for students to complete the scholarship application and register to attend the conference. Instructions are as follows:
- Click the “2016 Conference Scholarship Application” link above
- Complete the one-page application in its entirety and follow directions on application
- Submit application to individual on application BEFORE priority deadline
- Scholarship will be reviewed by scholarship committee
- You will be notified by or before September 16, 2016 whether you were selected
- Upon receipt of scholarship notification, you will be given a special code to register
- Register for the conference
Please note, travel is typically not included as part of the scholarship package. Travel is the responsibility of the student unless otherwise notified.
If you need assistance with finding suitable airfare, we are proud to partner with Platinum GetAways, a Texas based company in the Dallas area. Travel can be made directly by using the contact information below for Ms. Billie Lattig who can help you with all your travel (airfare) needs.
Phone: (972) 843-6278
Please make sure to reference the “2016 Latinos in Agriculture Leaders Conference” when booking your travel to Grapevine. In addition to the above, please consider the following information:
- Students wishing to apply for a scholarship must complete the Student Scholarship Application as soon as possible.
- Carefully follow the simple instructions on the scholarship application.
- Scholarships are on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Scholarships are based on availability.
- Scholarships can be considered competitive.
- Students studying Agriculture or a closely related field will be given priority.
- DO NOT REGISTER until you have been notified of your scholarship status first.
- Scholarship recipients who applied before the priority deadline will be notified by on or before September 16, 2016. Students who apply after the priority deadline will be notified as soon as possible but probably not before the aforementioned date.
(Note: Early bird registration fee deadline is also September 16, 2016)
- APPLY NOW!
Successful scholarship recipients will be notified and provided with additional conference registration instructions right away.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who receive a conference scholarship and register are committing to attend the conference. Latinos in Agriculture is working on the premise that once students register for the conference they will be attending. If an unplanned circumstance occurs, please notify Latinos in Agriculture immediately. Keep in mind, if a student registers for the conference, a hotel room in their name will be reserved. Latinos in Agriculture has a contractual agreement with the hotel to honor any hotel rooms reserved for scholarship recipients, therefore, students who do not show up to the conference costs the organizers valuable resources from sponsors and may keep other students from attending due to the limited scholarships available.
- Registration to the Leaders Conference (includes activities & meals)
- Hotel Lodging (double accommodations for two nights)
- Conference Materials
Students who DO NOT wish to apply for a scholarship or are already sponsored by another program or organization can go directly to the registration page once it opens and follow the normal registration process for students. Students who register on their own or are sponsored by their university, please do not forget to make your own hotel accommodations by calling the host hotel. For specific questions regarding the conference scholarship program, please contact Dr. David De Sousa Jr. at 979-255-7986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER FINANCIAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
CHS Foundation Mini-grants
College clubs/organizations needing additional financial support to assist with their professional development can apply for a CHS Foundation mini-grant of up to $1000.
Student eligibility and funding criteria
- Must be a campus-sanctioned club/organization
- Must be a minimum of 10students attending the event
- Must have an agricultural-related focus
- Club/organization may receive only one grant per year
- An advisor must be listed as a contact
- Regular and ongoing club expenses are ineligible
Information on how to apply can be found at www.chsinc.com/stewardship.
Questions can be directed to the CHS Foundation directly at (800) 814-0506 or email@example.com.
CHS Foundation Mini-Grants program is part of the University Partnership Programs. The CHS Foundation grants up to $1000 to innovative academic and leadership programs that strengthen student learning and enhance professional development such as leadership training opportunities, mentorship programs, and professional development experiences.